The VPCIRTM IAD (Integrase Activity Detection) products are focused on measurement of retroviral integrases.
A retrovirus is a type of virus that inserts a copy of its RNA genome into the DNA of a host cell that it invades, thus changing the genome of that cell. Retroviral integrase is an enzyme produced by a retrovirus that integrates its genetic information into that of the host cell it infects.
By detecting the integrase activity in a sample, VPCIRTM IAD thus can demonstrate presence of an active infection by a retrovirus.
- No requirement of specialized training nor expensive laboratory equipment or reader
- You only need a pipette and a mobile phone
- Can work at field station conditions
- More rapid than current rapid DNA based PCR/qPCR methods allowing for diagnoses while patient await result
- Price-competitive to other market leading solutions